Japan is a world apart - a cultural Galápagos where a unique civilisation blossomed, and today thrives in delicious contrasts of traditional and modern. Its spirit is strong, warm and welcoming.
Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Japan, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice:
- inspirational images, 3D illustrations, city walks and recommendations from our expert authors
- planning features and top itineraries to help you plan the perfect trip
- local secrets and hidden travel gems that will make your trip unique
- plus features on hiking, skiing and traditional accommodation
- Coverage includes: Planning chapters, Tokyo, Mt Fuji, Around Tokyo, The Japan Alps, Central Honsh, Kyoto, Kansai, Hiroshima, Western Honsh, Northern Honsh (Thoku), Sapporo, Hokkaid, Shikoku, Kysh, Okinawa, the Southwest Islands, Understand and Survival chapters.
- 904 pages,256 pp colour
- 14th Edition Sep 2015