Discover France Book
Lonely Planet's Discover France is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. See the lights of Paris from the Eiffel Tower, go on a Champagne-tasting tour of Reims and explore captivating chateaux all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of France and begin your journey now!
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, architecture, politics, cuisine, wine, customs.
- Free, convenient pull-out Paris map (included in print version), plus over 38 colour maps
- Coverage includes: Paris, Normandy, Brittany, Reims, Loire Valley, Burgundy, Lyon, Bordeaux, Provence, French Alps, Nice, Cannes, St Tropez, Monaco, Chamonix, Marseille, Versailles, Chartres, Disneyland Resort Paris
- ISBN: 9781743214060
- 416 pages, 416 pp colour
- 48 maps
- 4th edition Mar 2015
Why have some French? You may be told of a cosy vineyard way off the tourist track, or discover that there's little merit in the stereotype about the French being rude. French is the official language of a number of international organisations (including the UN and the International Olympic Committee). French films are internationally renowned, and France has won the Nobel Prize in Literature more times than any other country!
- Order the right meal with our menu decoder
- Never get stuck for words with our 3500-word two-way dictionary
- We make language easy with shortcuts, key phrases and common QandAs
- Feel at ease, with essential tips on culture and manners
- Coverage includes: Basics, Practical, Social, Safe Travel, Food
- ISBN: 9781743214442
- 272 pages
- 6th Edition Mar 2015